House Groups & Small Groups
We encourage you to get involved in a midweek program. This is a wonderful way to grow as Christians and as a community. There are two types of groups operating at First Congregational: House Groups and Small Groups.
A house group is a smaller group of church members (10-12) who meet regularly beyond Sunday worship to share their lives and grow together in their faith. Monday nights are designated as “House Group Night”, so we try not to organize other events or meetings to avoid conflicts; however, House Groups do operate at other times during the week.
Contact House Group Coordinators Matt and Heather Rigby and we will help you find a place. The following House Groups are operating at First:
- Peninsula 1– Hosts: and leaders: Matt and Heather Rigby
- Peninsula2 – Mondays. Hosts and leaders: Dainis and Ana Nams, Alan and Larisa Lensink.
- Peninsula 3 – Mondays. Hosts and Leaders: Kaye Bruce and Daniel Comeau.
- Fairmount/Fairview – Hosts and Leaders: Bonnie Kostal, David and Carolyn Sisley.
- Clayton Park – Hosts and Leaders: Sam and Mary Jean Zhang, Krista Biggs.
- Bedford/Sackville –Hosts and Leaders: Dave and Laura Thompson, Nathan King and Claire Holt.
- Seniors. 10:00am–noon with a light lunch, Fridays every week. Leader: David Seller.
Our small groups meet through the week at church and involve an assortment of ages and life stages. For more info please email here.
TEEN GIRLS GROUP- 3:30-5pm Mondays
MOMS GROUP- Dates to be determined....
MIDWEEK PRAYER MEETING- 7pm Wednesdays at the church
FIRST CONG LIGHTNING BOLTS- For Grades 4-7 3:30-5pm Thursdays
SENIORS BIBLE STUDY & LUNCH- 10am Fridays in the church lower level